15 Simple Ways To Use Video in Your Wellbeing Practice
- Created: Tuesday, 28 April 2015 08:49
By IICT Member Ginny West, Spirit in Business. Video is thriving. So how can you use video to let people know what you’re all about, drive your brand, create followers and promote your wellbeing practice?
It’s estimated that by 2017, 70% of all social media content will be video and the way things are going I could well believe we will exceed those figures. With Facebook trying to get a piece of YouTube’s action, they are now showing video to more of your followers than they would a regular post. So here are 15 simple ways to you can use video throughout your social media platforms and on your website. Professional is great but a few simple videos that showcase who you are can be just as effective. Just remember to keep it relevant to your niche and mix it up with other content…
- Create a short video to tell people why you’re so passionate about what you do
- Get some videomonials from your clients. Video testimonials are a powerful referral source and new clients are more likely to be inspired if they can see a real person behind the recommendations
- Start vlogging. Yes that’s video blogging!
- Video your workshops, talks or events
- Get a professional videographer to create a ‘trailer’ for your business to have on your webpage/social media
- Have a how to video where you demonstrate your massage technique, yoga poses or how to do the perfect shimmy
- Create a YouTube channel where you can store your own or others videos
- Post a Ted talk that is inspirational to your clients and relevant to your philosophy
- Share video from other feeds
- Reveal a new product and how it works
- Behind the scenes – people are curious by nature so showing you at work on your book, setting up for a workshop, expo or conference highlights might get them excited and feel like they’re having a sneak peak
- Promote new events (either yours or those that are relevant to your audience, services, book launches, wholefood cafe openings and so on
- Check out some video apps that can create amazing effects like pic play post, hyperlapse, flipagram and Instagram’s built in video function
- Get creative – it doesn’t all have to be business related. If your clients are nature loving types you could take a video of the sea or a beautiful spot in nature. If you want to inspire people to overcome their fears you could have a clip of you on a flying fox
- Use your sense of humor and include a few bloopers if you like…
So express yourself, get a few friends together to help out, don’t publish anything you wouldn’t want to see on national nine news and most importantly have fun!
About the Author:
Ginny West provides business consultations, workshops and retreats around Australia on creating heartfelt success for Wellbeing practitioners. To find out more about Spirit in Business or to contact Ginny West call 0413 596 784 or follow these links:
Get 201 Marketing Secrets to Grow
your Natural Therapy Business - FREE
Join Thousands of Natural Therapists & Download your FREE Marketing Book: Natural Marketing - 201 Marketing Secrets to Grow your Natural Therapy Business.
+ BONUS REPORT: ‘What Associations don’t want you to know about Membership and Insurance.
Your information is 100% secure with us and will never be shared.